We normally won’t post material this often, but it felt weird not putting something together for Majerus on the anniversary of his death.
So, for a blog that is helplessly sophomoric and – at times – slightly inappropriate, we’ll go ahead and let Rick do our jobs for us this time. Here is a list of our top ten favorite Rick Majerus quotes:
10. “That’s a special feeling, to know you can achieve on the national level like this with real, actual college students. Don’t get me wrong: I’m not saying we’re the only program doing that. But it does make it special.” (On having two Academic All- Americans on his team)
9. “Notre Dame might call and say, `Look, we’re going to give you the football stadium and you can coach golf,’ and then I might be interested.”
8. “I microwave nachos. If it can’t be done on a grill or a microwave, I won’t do it.”
7. “Probably Hawaii or Port Douglas, Australia. The Barrier Reef, I like the beach there. I love the beach; the only negative for me on the beach is people keep pushing me back in! They think I’m a whale.”
6. “I started wearing glasses last season but they’re only for basketball games and dirty movies.”
5. “I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn’t pass me if he was behind me.”
4. “I’m not a big Gay guy.” – An awkward out-of-context comment on Rudy Gay.
3. “Win or lose, I eat my ass off.”
2. “They won’t play us, so what can I do? There’s three cheerleaders out there I’d like to take home tonight. All three would tell me no. They won’t go. UCLA won’t play.”
1. “Some guys smoke. Some guys drink. Some guys chase women. I’m a big barbecue-sauce guy.”
RIP Rick, have some extra birthday cake up there for me.
Most of the quotes came from this website, check it out for many more great quotes from Rick.